Goerke Family

Goerke Family

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I WILL Walk by FAITH

The Journey Continues...
A few weeks ago when i got home from picking Tatum up from school Kennedy met us at the door with big eyes filled with tears. Not knowing if she had gotten in trouble or if this was the remnants of a prior meltdown since she couldnt go with me to get Tatum I didnt mention it. She quietly walked back to her room and cried. Knowing that she normally likes her fits to be a spectacle I followed her. She was holding a picture of her and Dylann. As I sat on her bed and listened to her cry and tell me about the pictureI was brokenhearted for her. It was her not understanding of how far away Africa is, the inability to explain how long 3 years will be (the time of their first Sabbatical) and the disappointment that we could not afford to visit. How fun it has been to talk to them about faith, God's provision and our trip that is on the horizon. They ask for NOTHING because they know we are saving money to go to AFRICA! I love that they are learning to trust God in this!!

 IF you have checked my facebook page you will see that Denise posted some pics of bags and coin purses that she had a dear friend in Uganda make for me to sell. They will  be here at the end of January you can preorder now. Purses are $15 and coin purses are $5. I am also planning to have a garage sale; most likely in Baxter Springs and in Joplin. If you have anything you are willing to donate please let me know and we will come and get it. Dates are yet to be determined. Many of you have asked about more t-shirts and if you missed out on the t-shirt sale and would like one I will be doing another one in a few months.
This next monday a group from College Heights in Joplin get to go to Africa and check on the team and encourage them in this first year. They have been gone 7 months and 10 days; but who is counting :)
Denise also has a blog if you want to follow their work http://www.noturningbeck.blogspot.com/

Our Journey of Faith began long before our Journey to Afica and I am so grateful for that! We have watched God provide food when our cupboards were bare, money when our account was empty and faith when our reserves were spent. Our Journey to Africa is just one more step in our Journey of Faith. THANK YOU JESUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment