Goerke Family

Goerke Family

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Journey Begins...

 I layed in bed a few days ago crying as we started 2011. This year was the first year I began without my sister and Josh and my nieces and nephews. I feel like I have dealt with all the stages of grief but there are still times when it is hard. I had done the math and I knew that there was no way in the world we could save the money to visit them. For passports and plane tickets we are needing approximately $11,000! It's impossible... but God whispered to me, "Arent you glad you serve a God who glories in the impossible"! That is when God started filling my mind with ideas to fundraise the money. Today I placed t-shirt orders that a friend help design and I was BLOWN AWAY- We sold 97 t-shirts!!! This is our Fundraiser for passports. IT will cost our family $810 for our passports and it is within reach. Thank you!! It is my plan to be very honest with this blog about money as we are asking alot of you for help. Please continue to pray for us, we dont know when we will be able to go but we know God will supply the money for us to go at the time that Josh and Denise need us. We love you all and are excited for you to take this journey with us!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to hear about all of the ways God works to get you to Africa!

    ReplyDelete